Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This is my sock song,

I woke up this morning, the day promised to not be boring,
I got ready for what ever may, come at me that day,
But I didn't see that coming, I didn't hear anybody humming,
As I went to put on my shoes, a smile on my face saying that I can't loose,
And my face darkened, and the sun made fun of me,

I had only one sock to wear, no one else had another they could spare,
I have, all sorts of different colors, oh but please tell me brother,
Do you have one that would match? I hope no one gets to catch, a glimpse of my socks,
Can I wear a dirty one? Will my feet survive until the day is done?

What if the smell rises to the noses and people learn that is it me?
They won't get a chance to see, my dilemma is getting worse as it goes,
Oh how I hope no one ever knows that I did this, why, why are there dirty socks?

It makes me want to fill it with rocks and beat the rocks out of the socks,
But that would prove the point, about me at my breaking point,
I guess I must admit, that when I throw a fit, I have anger issues,
But dirty socks could ruin my shoes, and my converse I don't want to lose,

As I sadly walk to grab that dirty sock, a mental knock came to a hypothetical door,
I turned expecting to see the sword, of the dirty sock warden, but instead it was a glorious sight,
Something that indeed might, kill the smell despite that it won't clean them,
I found air freshener! Oh what a relief that I have fabreeze! I found air freshener!!
I no longer feel so bad, of being a dirty sock wearing lad, because I found air freshener!

4 comments:

  1. uh huh, that's right, kid knows what he's doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! It shows very much, uh..how shall we say it-personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I actually put some real time into this versus just typing some stuff out.

    ReplyDelete