Let me just tell you, I love writing, and I have a terrible time getting to sleep. So last night at like midnight, I laid in bed trying to go to sleep, and since I couldn't I decided to sing. You know those songs that you just make up as you go? Well, I got somewhere through the first verse and I thought; "Man this ain't half bad." So I sat up, grabbed my flashlight, paper, and a pen. And I began to continue singing, but I restarted at the beginning. And as I sang I wrote stuff down, pausing here and there to catch my hand up and to let it rest. And this was the end result!
I am chasing the stars down, but only after the sun goes down,
I will chase them all the night, and one day maybe I might,
Catch a dream, but I must remember all the things,
That got me there, so here are a few that I dare, to share,
Jesus Christ, who gave me my life,
The sorrows and pain that I feel through everyday,
My friends and family,
who say what they say when I need them to say what they say it, anyway,
So here is a little song to say, Thank you, by the way!
I was driving down the street the other day,
And my brother and I began to say,
How we love to sing songs and to sing along, to the songs that we love to listen to,
He turns to me and says; 'I know you got a crush although it's never been said,
But to deny it would be to lie, so tell me brother, what is she like?'
So I said what I dared to say,
She loves Jesus Christ, and that's no lie,
And when I am with her I seem to get all shy,
Oh, she has got beautiful eyes,
She learns from the sorrow and the pain that she feels through everyday,
So here is a little song to say, although I might not ever say this on any day,
I think that I may love you anyway,
The day is ending so I got to say, that wherever I go some day,
I must remember what got me there;
My friends and family, that said those things that finally make sense to me,
All those people who helped so generously,
And I will remember them to the very end,
Because, the Adventure has yet to begin!
(Wait a few minutes and I will have a new post with some possibly funny content.)
Thanks for reading like good readers that read on a consistent basis!
Jack,
we never fail to gain something from reading about your adventures!
ReplyDeletethe songs are great...
they express your feelings very well.
Actually, I don't have a crush at this point, I am trying not to. I just love to write, I guess you could call it my passion. I really though, I want to praise God through my writings, unfortunately I find it very hard to do so.
ReplyDelete