Friday, December 11, 2009
A command,
OK, so there is a Mountain Lion in my woods. (Yes, I claim them as mine.) And I am proud to have such a magnificent animal here, but there is a downside. It's a mountain lion, a predator. A meat eater, they usually tend not to attack humans, unless there are children, small children. Like my brother, he's not really small, but he's not the biggest guy out there. So as long as it is out there, it is a threat to my family. Now, how far would you go for your family? I would die for mine. Now mountain lions are shy guys, but there is a chance that it may go after my brother. I can not have that, I will not have that. If it comes in my sight, I would be the first to step in the way of it and anyone else. Not saying that I would be the only one, but I would be the first. If it goes after any of my family, I go after it. So yeah, call me an idiot, call me foolish, call me stupid, please do, I say that to my readers, and my family. Because what my family has told me for years is: Protect your siblings. And I have been telling myself for a year or so: No fear. So, put a big cat in my yard, with my little brother, and my lack of fear, and the command from my parents to protect my family. And it generates anger, yes anger. And hate for that animal. It is an amazing thing, and my favorite animal, but it has crossed a fine line. A line that crosses into personal territory, from just being there, to being a threat. I honestly hate that cat, and I would any day kill it, if it stopped it from hurting my family. My family doesn't even know why I want to kill it, they just think that it is foolish to try. Well, call me foolish, but also remember, I am following a command. Yes, a command meant for the case of someone hurting my sisters, well, my sisters go outside. I see it as a duty I owe to my family to protect them, be it at the cost of my life. "No better friend than one who lay down his life for another." Call it a code I live my life by. If I consider you my friend, I would die for you also. The only difference between my family and friends, with the threat of my family, comes my hatred towards what is causing the threat. I hate that cat, I hate it's very being. As long as it is here it threatens my family, and with the threat it poses, my hate comes also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment