Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Geek Love, and Love itself.

Well here it is, I think my first post of the year. And so far this year has been grand! I had a bit of geek love today, I was watching my favorite TV show at this point. Doctor Who, this man reminds me of myself in some ways, ways that only I ever see. But I was watching an episode, and I almost cried at the end. It was the episode when Rose Tyler was trapped in the paralel diminsion and standing on Bad Wolf Bay. The Doctor disappeared before the words "I love you" were ever spoken. And of course he meant to say that, he was about to tell her when the projecter he was using stopped working. But sometimes I don't get that, you can have me watch the most heartfelt chickflick, or any other emotional movie. And I'll shrug it off, you get me to see the relationship between a SciFi character and another character, and I will water up. Maybe it is because I have been trying to get into the "mood" for the Romance Novel I am working on. You know, girlfriends that should have been, relationships that almost weren't. The stuff of tears, streaming down your face as you painfully flip through the last pages. And when you make it through the last sentence you throw the book down and start yelling at it for ending like it did. Ah yes, the things a writer lives to have his/her readers experince. I mean, we don't want you to experince pain from our books, but if we can get you crying because of it then we have described it so well for you to feel as if you were part of the story! That is the ultimate plot, the best thing ever! *Sigh,* well, I am off to write that Romance Novel that I have strangely been looking foward to reading. You know, never in my life did I think that I'd be writing a Romance Novel. I actually am loving the plans that I have for it, ah the joy of the written art. Well anyway, I thought that it was well time to reveal the name of what I was thinking. I mean no offense, but you readers didn't really give me any ideas! So my first, and only idea, that is still unoficial and can be changed (Meaning, keep suggesting some names.) is: (Forgive me for the name that I am about to type, but it is only my first idea, all that I have so far!).... (Have you noticed that I am dragging this out?) Well here it is:
Ladies and Gentlemen; A Controversy.
I intend to make this book somewhat of a controversy. I have made one of the characters a workaholic, not because he endulges so much into his work, he just has nothing better to do. (It is where I see myself in a few years or so.) So the guy probably could use a girlfriend.

I have come up with a theory on girls, they are like jobs: When you go to apply, then the more you have on your application, the better chance you have! I mean, to say otherwise is too say that a relationship is easy, and that girls do not look for virtues and skills in a guy. So if I had a P.H.D. in writing, and I had published some books. When I went to ask a girl out I could say that I was both a Doctor and a Writer, which is totally true. Not to mention, if let's say I learned french or something. And if I was in the music industry? This girl would be impressed. (Probably also thinking that I am really rich so they can act like a Girlfriend while they get a bunch of merchandise.) So it ends up that if you have too much on your application then you might be taken advantege of. But then again, the girl might not care about the money, just the guy. And in that case, you might be lucky. I find myself very unlucky, meaning I have to come up with some sort of plan for when I go to pick up a girl. And speaking of, I want to do something. I want to learn some REALLY cheesy pick-up lines, and then go on the street and use them on random girls walking down the street. It's like speed dating for fun, except you get turned down for being desperate instead of getting a date for being desperate. The thing that would hurt me most is the fact that I am broke, so let's say a girl did accept my pick up lines, and we arranged a date? It would have to be something VERY cheap at this point. I am broke and unemployed. I could take the girl on a picnic, I'm just kidding. I intend to be rudely turned down if I try and cheesy pick up lines. Such as:

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"
"Are you from Tennesee? Because you are the only TEN I SEE."
"Somebody better call God, because he lost one of His Angels!"
And for when they turn me down you ask? "I am leaving, but my heart stays with you."

Thank you for reading!
This blog blogs on!

Jack,

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jack!

    I'm glad this blog is still on!

    I'm also glad you are writing your Romance Novel... (which incidentally sounds like it will be very interesting and good reading) but I hope it doesn't keep you from blogging!

    Happy and Productive Twenty-Ten!
    Have a Good One!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...
    I think one of the best ways to get dates, if you are a guy, is to be a waiter who does a great job. For some reason, girls love to be served with a smile... my son was a waiter, and so, I know this. (It does help to be really clean and well groomed and athletic and friendly) And even if you don't get a date, you will at least get a very good tip (lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am a guy so getting a job as a waiter... probably not going to happen anytime soon. I have been told all my life that I have a "Million dollar smile." (So if you kidnap me and ask for money my family will not be able to pay.) And I love to smile! I am clean, more so as of late then before. I guess I am well groomed, I mean, I am lacking that ever so manly beard. I am very athletic, I am not too good at sports (Compare me to a dog climbing a tree.) But I play most of the sports out there. And I am definitely friendly, (And if the girl seemed interested, probably more so.) And I am completely fine with a loss of a date for a great tip! Well, it depends on the girl an her personality.

    ReplyDelete