Sunday, March 21, 2010

Paradox.

I find myself writing this as I am at a concert. Not quite, a Coldplay concert is playing on channel 121. And I just love Coldplay. And it is playing on both TV's.


I find myself contemplating something as I listen to the lyrics of the song "White Shadows", the lyrics go: "When I was a young boy, I tried to listen." And I see myself as a Paradox almost.

PARADOX:
–noun
1.
a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.
2.
a self-contradictory and false proposition.
3.
any person, thing, or situation exhibiting an apparently contradictory nature.
4.
an opinion or statement contrary to commonly accepted opinion. 
 
 
I am, and always was, stubborn. And out spoken, and I was always told to stand for what I believed in. I take that to more than just spiritual beliefs. If I believe that I can run 9 M.P.H. for at least a minute, I will fight you until you believe me. Well, not exactly fight, but I will hold on to it. That's just who I am, to get me to back down, you must present a logical reason that I am wrong. My dad says that I could be a lawyer, I say we shall see what happens?


I have this theory of mine, and I have discovered that only I truly understand it. My theory is: I am invincible. Somewhere in the book of John, I am not sure where. Jesus says: "Not even the Sparrows fall to the ground unless the Lord wills it, but do not worry, for you are of more worth than the Sparrows." So if I will only die if I God wills it, and God has willed me to die some time or another. What have I to fear? "Do not fear this earthly death, for what can man  do to you?" Pain is pain, and it only hurts if you let it. There is more to my theory, but I don't want to type it right now.

Thanks for reading.

Do you have any odd theories? That is only one of my many.

Blog later,
 
Jack,

4 comments:

  1. Yup... I've been told I could be a lawyer too... Not interested, though... but, who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually want to get a P.H.d and then maybe I'll think about becoming a "Doctor Lawyer." Who knows, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please don't be a lawyer!
    they are often under a lot of pressure to manipulate the truth... as in using words to create an illusion for their advantage, or the advantage of their clients or bosses....

    a poet/writer would rather use words to no personal advantage, just for the sake of expressing a feeling, an event, a thought, an experience... in other words, to share truth and beauty, for no practical reason at all, just to be generous with one's observations... like an artist or a photographer uses images to describe things that are seen, a poet uses words to describe things that are not always visible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, but I also have no idea where my life will take me.

    ReplyDelete