So I have been listening to a song by the Afters, it's called: One moment away. (AKA, the blog title!) The chorus is what I notice every time I hear it, it goes like this:
"You're one moment away, when chance of today is gone, are they gonna remember you, for running away, or saving the day from the darkness and letting your love shine through."
This is me: If it will save lives I will die. Some of you are questioning that. I can't run away, I just have to stand strong. If it goes against my beliefs I will fight it, not necessarily in a physical manor. The darkness in our lives today is sin, In my books it's a mythical creature, a crime lord, or a group of mercenaries. My favorite is the Mythical creatures, (In my book: The Underworld Chronicles, available in a store near you....... someday.) The main character Jack Stevenson, (Yes, the name I have given myself on my blog!) fights darkness in the most literal term! Yep, Vampires. Well Vampires that are more powerful than your everyday story about them, the thing is though. Jack doesn't run away, he has every chance to just get out. Like the saying: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."
Have you ever heard of a bullet list? No, it's NOTHING like a hit list. It's the opposite of a bullet list. A bullet list is a list of people you will take a bullet for to save their lives..... or possibly more than that. No one on my "Bullet list" know that they are on it, in fact today is the first they have heard of a bullet list. Honestly the reason I can't run is the hero syndrome, like I said in one of my earlier blogs:
"Everyone wants to be a hero, even the darkest of personalities. But it's the ones who take charge and action to the problem that make a difference."
At first my heroism hunger was out of selfishness, you are all wondering how. I didn't want to be a hero and save people because it was right, but for the fame that comes with it. Now I want to save people because it's right, the bullet list is a little different: The bullet list is people that I don't want to lose, because the pain of loss if like red hot swords being slowly pushed through your stomach. In other words, it hurts. No I don't want them to feel the same pain, but they will end up getting over it. I someone I could save dies I would NEVER get over it! But when I fight the "darkness" (Or save someone.) I want to do it smiling all the way. I want to be telling jokes with my last breath, I want people to be happy at my funeral. Not happy as in: "Thank you lord for taking him, that guy was a jerk!" But to look at my life and the memories of my life and I want them to laugh! I want to be known as the world's most enthusiastic person, and I will not run away!
Jack,
No comments:
Post a Comment