Spies, spies in the corner, wishing, wishing they were lost.
Out of sight, out of mind. Gone away, to another time.
Knowing that, they lost their love, they run so no one knows.
Eaten by knowledge, and unknown decisions made a life time ago.
Because they know, their deduction, wasn't worth all the fussin'.
And they know you're lost as can be, yet living so, so happily!
But you ran from their grasp! And they lost you in the clash, of it all!
Yet they know, you know where you're going to go!
So, they hide, away! You are laughing, and everything's okay.
Eaten alive, but the worst of their fears, come to life and to haunt them.
Burning bridges and powerful papers, wishing they could be a neighbor.
Oh a neighbor to the past, what about my wishes? Their lover has found a home!
And if I could, just decide, then my heart would cry it out louder than a shout.
Because they don't see, the life you know lead, makes more than happier.
You've got joy!
So they scream through their teeth, and their youth they say, went down that day!
As their hearts left their mind, the reasoning they used to see was nothing left to be.
They are like foolish pets, left alone like the rest, because you, got the best, of it all.
So you and I, let out our cries, because we know, that they will go, and never bring you down to die.
So the Spies in the corner, became lost, to us.
Oh moonlight in the corner, what a wonderful thought!
And we cause we want to know our way, back.
To the place, we were raised to come home.
All I can say is... I love it.
ReplyDeleteYou have serious skills.
It's genius.
Thanks, I really like it too. I just wish I could play an instrument to sing along with it.
ReplyDeletei like it too!
ReplyDeletei'm glad you are still writing songs
can you expound on it some? i don't understand it all but i can tell it has spiritual meaning and social commentary
and it has a good fast pace that really makes it
kind of seem like it is very tense and like a warning of some kind; is it?
Honestly, I have a very small idea as to what it really is about.
ReplyDeletewhen i was studying poetry in high school, i wondered how when we were asked to give our impression of the meaning of a poem, that we had such different opinions and many levels of understanding, and the scope was way bigger than i could imagine one person could have intended when he wrote it... but our teacher told us that a poem is like a bird that you release from a cage, you do not know where it will go, how far or how high, and that the poet has completed his responsibility by releasing it (the bird representing his words and impressions and feelings) but that once it was released, it belonged to all who saw it, and they would each see it from a different vantage point, and all would find in it what they were able to see in it and what they needed to see
ReplyDeleteto me, i see like time travel, and someone who can go back in time to warn people of impending doom but with an ability to escape danger by being invisible and finding beauty in the quiet moonlight where one can hide from their grasp as they can see the world is getting crazier, and trying to find a way to warn them when they don't think they are in any need of warning because they think they are hiding everything and don't realize that they are being watched, and they think they are able to hide by not attracting attention to themselves and acting like just a regular neighbor, but they can't just be normal, because they are lost, and although they have gained things they wanted, through devious means, they lost things that they needed, for their survival as a sane or ordinary person, they think that they can portray themselves as just a neighbor, but they don't know that they are not able to be simple and normal, they have lost their ordinariness, their regularness, and have become so complex and distorted that they have lost sight of how it is to be normal, they are as out of place as a spy or some other kind of person who has invaded a neighborhood and not what they want to portray they are, and they are caught in a fantasy world of their own creation for the sake of creating a smoke screen to allow them to do what they do... while all the time they have gotten to where they are drifting farther and farther away from the home they yearn for in their hearts
I can see where you would get that. In my opinion, true poetry is only justly described one word; Beauty. And Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if that is the beauty you can see, well then brava! I am glad that you have seen that.
ReplyDeleteyes, i especially see beauty in the way the words sound weighty and have a rhythm that sounds intense... and the words themselves fit so well together... and the meaning [to me] sounds like compassion, someone trying to help the lost
ReplyDeletewhich, is beauty of spirit.
Yeah, I can see what you would get that. But, personally, as I wrote this I was thinking more in particular, of a girl. No girl specifically, but of a girl. Being chased, and just wanting to get away. And the narrator is some how or anther helping. Like I said, I don't understand it.
ReplyDelete