About a certain song, a song by Switchfoot. Now, for the longest time I could not stand this band, and for the most part I still can't. Why not? Well, my oldest brother had like 4 favorite bands of his. And he played their music all the time. And so I began to hate these bands, are these bands bad? No, not at all. Their music is amazing, but it has been wired outside of my likes of music. But this song:
Now, I have so many reasons that some music reaches to me on a level that would be unfair to call it simply; personal. For instance; Coldplay, as I have tried several times--and failed--to put into words the meaning these songs mean to me in a way that even make a dent as to what I truly feel are the components of each song.
How does this song effect me you may ask, but this time, along with several other times in my life; I shall not tell you. Some songs for some reasons, other songs for other reasons.
Thanks for reading,
Jack,
Ah, Switchfoot... authentic surfer dudes from my very own San Diego... Love them dearly...
ReplyDeleteI totally understand why you don't. My brother only has 2 bands he favorites, and I can't stand those bands. Very overplayed by my brother on full volume, so, no matter where you are in the house, you can hear it... rendering you incapable of listening to your own music...
Anyway, I actually met Drew Shirley (guitarist) and Chad Butler (drummer) from Switchfoot at the CD Release event for Hello Hurricane... Drew is the most epic human alive. I also shook hands with Jon Foreman... the only members I've yet to come in contact with are 'Romey and TheTim...
Oh, the benefits of living in San Diego... I can't wait until I visit again...
Oh my, you now have me thinking of San Diego Sam.
ReplyDelete